Are you looking for something easy to make that will satisfy your pumpkin pie cravings? I came across Buzzfeed’s video for making a simple pumpkin pie crescent roll that is perfect for the fall season! I’m not a fan of eating pumpkin as a dish for meals, but I do love me some pumpkin pie, so I figured I can’t go wrong if I’m making something that has a pumpkin pie flavor to it 🙂
If you have an old, rickety house like me with old appliances, you might not be willing to go all out on baking from scratch, so I went the easy route with the three-ingredient recipe that Buzzfeed had to offer. I wasn’t sure if my experiment was going to turn out great, so I got the generic crescent roll brand from Stop & Shop (they all taste the same, anyway… unless you have a thing for only buying brand-name items). I also spent quite some time looking for giant marshmallows and couldn’t find any of them, even in the candy aisle and baking aisle, so I decided to go for these cute Halloween-themed marshmallows! Make sure you buy the pumpkin pie mix because there are TONS of pure pumpkin pulp cans in the grocery stores and not many pumpkin pie mixes on the shelves!
Making these crescent rolls are super-easy! I followed the general directions of the video and they came out pretty tasty 🙂 If you’re too lazy to look at the link, here are the steps:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line your baking trays with baking sheets (or if you don’t have them handy, with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick baking spray)
- Open the crescent dough cans and separate the triangles
- Put a spoonful of pumpkin pie mix into each triangle and add a marshmallow on top
- Roll each triangle into a little croissant-looking roll
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. (I ended up baking them for 20 minutes because I wanted them nice and golden brown and crisp, but it’s up to you!)
Enjoy them while they’re warm and right out of the oven!
A word to the wise… don’t use purple marshmallows! They melt and turn really dark in color and don’t look as aesthetically pretty, but I promise they still taste just as delicious!
ALL PHOTOS ARE ©magnetically aesthetic. Please do not steal, edit, or use these pictures in any way without my permission. Thank you!