I’m normally not a huge fan of sweets, but I’m a sucker for red velvet baked goods and cheesecake! When I came across this recipe, I was sold and had to make it. The recipe doesn’t look too difficult, so why not? I used to bake all the time for my sorority when we had bake sale fundraisers at school, but I never made cookies, let alone stuffed cookies!!
- red velvet cake mix
- all-purpose flour
- canola oil
- vanilla extract
- cream cheese
- vanilla candy melts (optional)
- For the cookie batter, combine the cake mix, 2 tbsp of flour, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of canola oil, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Wrap the batter in saran wrap, preventing any oxygen from getting in, and let it chill in the fridge for two hours.
- For the cheesecake filling, mix a box of 8oz cream cheese (at room temperature), with 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- With this filling, scoop out 1/2-1 teaspoon-scoops into plates and put them in the freezer for two hours.
- If you have parchment baking paper, you can line your cookie trays; if not, you can spray non-stick spray onto your pans while you wait!
- After two hours pass, take out both the cookie batter and the cheesecake scoops.
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll the cookie batter into balls, flatten them, and add a cheesecake scoop. Roll it up into a ball again and slightly flatten it before you put them on your cookie trays.
- Pop your trays into the oven for about 13 minutes, and when your timer is up, take a toothpick and stick it in the center of the fattest cookie to see if the toothpick is clean of crumbs. If it is, then your cookies are done!
- If you want to decorate your cookies, you can melt some vanilla candy melts and drizzle them over your cookies. We only did that for one tray, and it wasn’t the prettiest or easiest to do haha (if you guys have tips on how to drizzle on melts in a pretty way, please share! :))
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! ❤
ALL PHOTOS ARE ©magnetically aesthetic. Please do not steal, edit, or use these pictures in any way without my permission. Thank you!