Hey everyone 🙂 I haven’t posted a recipe in a while, but I finally had time to cook something quick yesterday and wanted to share the results (plus, I bought these bell peppers for 2 for $1 a while back and really wanted to use them up before they got soft)!
- 4 bell peppers
- ground meat
- 1 small onion
- cherry tomatoes (my sis volunteered at City Harvest and brought home some extra boxes and wanted me to use them up haha)
It was super simple to make and oh, so healthy–check out the health benefits of bell peppers here.
- Marinate the ground meat with a little bit of soy sauce to give it some color after it’s cooked for a few minutes.
- Chop up the bell peppers (you can dice it or slice it, whichever you prefer).
- Get a bowl of water ready and ventilation available when you slice your onions **I haven’t found the surefire way of not tearing up when I chop onions, so I try to leave the root area intact while I chop everything else and immediately dump it in water**
- Turn on your stove and add some oil before you put in the ground meat.
- When the meat is about half-cooked, add the onions, then the bell peppers and tomatoes.
- Add whatever seasonings you’d like to your pan–I used McCormick’s steak seasoning and a little bit of sugar and salt!
ALL PHOTOS ARE ©magnetically aesthetic. Please do not steal, edit, or use these pictures in any way without my permission. Thank you!