Hey everyone! I finally had a moment to do some more cooking and experimentation and have recipes to share with y’all 😀 So excited to tell you about these 5 ingredient gluten-free peanut butter chocolate bars! I’ll be honest with you, this recipe said it would take only 15 minutes but it ended up taking me over an hour…but I blame myself and I’ll tell you why later haha… O:-)
- 1 1/2 cups of peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons of butter (basically a stick and 1/4 of butter)
**For future reference, most sticks of butter have measurements of teaspoons and tablespoon increments–I derped and completely missed that LOL so it took me a while to get the right amount of butter!
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Line your pan with aluminum foil (preferably a square pan since the proportions in this recipe won’t fill a 13-inch rectangular pan).
- Mix together your peanut butter, powdered sugar, brown sugar, and 5 tbsp of butter realllly well! I wanted to see how difficult it would be to mix sans mixer, so I used a fork, a spoon, and a rice spatula and it took me a good while to get it to the consistency needed lolol
- When you’re done making your PB mix, press it down onto your aluminum pan in an even layer.
- Heat up your chocolate chips and the other 5 tbsp of butter for about 30 seconds in the microwave and mix well–my mix seemed off, so I added extra chocolate chips til it was nice and creamy!
- Pour the chocolate evenly on top of the PB layer and refrigerate overnight.
6. I recommend wrapping it in saran wrap or aluminum foil overnight and then cutting them into bite-sized pieces the next day so the PB can harden and be nice and chewy.
Unfortunately, these peanut butter chocolate bars may not have the crunch you get from eating a Reese’s cup, but I’ve gotten feedback from numerous food critics (aka my sister and my coworkers) that it tastes JUST like it, if not better! Enjoy and don’t eat too much, it’s a TON of sugar haha 🙂
ALL PHOTOS ARE ©magnetically aesthetic. Please do not steal, edit, or use these pictures in any way without my permission. Thank you!