Need a quick meal-prep idea? This recipe is very simple and can be easily customized with whatever vegetables you’d like to add. Think of this as a healthier alternative to fried rice, except with quinoa and other diced vegetables! I used meat in this recipe, but you can easily leave it out and include other greens!
- 1 cup of quinoa
- ground meat (optional)
- soy sauce
- 1 green bell pepper
- any other vegetables you’d like to use
- Take about a fist-sized amount of ground meat and add seasonings or soy sauce as you see fit! Make sure you mix the meat thoroughly with the soy sauce/seasonings, and cover it and put it in the fridge for approximately 10-15 minutes. **I normally add just enough to color the meat or cover the bottom of the bowl**
- Pour 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water into a pot and bring it to a boil. When it’s started boiling, lower the fire and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes until you see the little quinoa “tails” show and shut off the fire.
- I only had 1 bell pepper left in my refrigerator, so I rinsed it, and chopped it up into diced pieces, and added it into the quinoa.
- Heat up a pan and cook the meat until it’s thoroughly done.
- Add the meat into the quinoa and bell pepper pot and mix it allllll together and you’re done!
ALL PHOTOS ARE ©magnetically aesthetic. Please do not steal, edit, or use these pictures in any way without my permission. Thank you!