Ever since getting back from Mexico, I’ve been wanting to eat less meat and go back to my old routine I set for myself at school eating as little meat as possible. This past weekend, I was craving some mixed greens with quinoa, topped with a honey mustard dressing that my bf had learned to make. It tastes pretty good and can be pretty filling with the quinoa, if you’re afraid you don’t have enough protein in your meal.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- a box of mixed greens
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 bell peppers
- a box of cherry tomatoes
- a box of white mushrooms
- 2 avocados
- 4 tbsp honey **use agave syrup for a vegan alternative**
- 4 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse the avocados, tomatoes, mushrooms, mixed greens, and bell peppers and drain.
- Use one cup of quinoa and two cups of water and bring to a boil, and then let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix the honey, mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, and add salt and pepper to taste to make your dressing.
- Slice up your bell peppers and mushrooms and set them aside.
- Dice the avocado into small pieces (cut one for two servings).
- Put a bed of mixed greens and top it with the peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, avocado, and quinoa (decide how much you want since it’s a LOT).
- Drizzle the dressing and you’re good to go; a perfectly healthy and vegan meal ready to enjoy 🙂