Despite the consistent 90+ degree weather in Agua Caliente, I was never able to give up my love for soup! My host sister prepared this really simple noodle soup and it only took 3 ingredients: onion, tomato, and pasta noodles!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 onion
- 2-3 tomatoes, depending how tomatoey you want your soup to be
- pasta noodles
- 1 touch of cooking oil
Making this soup is so easy that I think it’ll be my go-to whenever I’m craving a quick and easy noodle soup made with readily available ingredients while I’m here.
- Dice your onion and tomatoes into small little cubes.
- Heat up your pot and add a bit of oil.
- Throw your pasta noodles into the pot and let it turn golden brown while you stir it so it’s evenly tanned.
- Add the onions, tomato, salt into the pot and stir together with about 1-2 cups of water, depending how much soup you want when you’re done.
- Let it simmer for about 20 minutes on low heat, stirring every 5 minutes.