We’ve been experiencing not-so-pleasant temperatures here in NYC, and I sought some hearty soup recipes to warm my belly. I’ve been a loyal fan of Sadia from Pick Up Limes, and she shares great lifestyle tips, as well as fantastic videos on YouTube on a variety of topics, including recipes! I’m sharing a delicious vegan soup recipe that I’ve borrowed from her website and am so excited to share with you.
- 1 zucchini
- 3 bell peppers (I chose a red, yellow, and green one)
- 2 yellow onions
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 vegetable boullion cubes (or to taste)
- 2 cups of water
- cooking oil
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Preheat your pot on medium to high heat.
- While waiting for your pot to heat up, chop up all of your vegetables.
- Add in some oil and the onions into the pot and stir it around the pot occasionally until it turns a light brown. You can add water so the onions don’t stick to the pain.
- Add in the garlic and vegetable boullion cubes and wait for another two minutes.
- Add in the zucchini and bell peppers and let it cook for about five minutes until you see them start to soften.
- Add in the two cups of water and wait for the water to boil.
- Once the water is boiled, you can bring the heat down low and let it cook for about 15 minutes, making sure that you stir the contents of the pot occasionally so that all of the veggies are soft!
- Add in the coconut milk and let it cook for another five minutes and then turn off the fire.
- Use a hand blender or a blender to mix it altogether until you get a smooth consistency, and then you’ll be ready to serve and enjoy!